Before leaving, me and my better half spent some time together and went for a 6 day trip to Florence. Here are some tips on what you could do on your first day.
1. Duomo is a magnificent cathedral and architectural wonder, that has become a globally recognised symbol of Florence.
2. Campanile is the bell tower that was another Duomo project where construction outlived the original architect, it was built over a century. You can actually climb 414 steps for the city vista.
3. Capelle Medicee is a series of chapels attached to the church of San Lorenzo and is the final resting place for many generations of Florence’s powerful Medici family.
4. Accademia has operated as an art school for more than 200 years. Of course the main attraction here is the handsome Michelangelo’s David, one of the most famous pieces of art from the Renaissance.
My favourite thing to do in Italy! But you have to be careful, there are many restaurants that are not good but still very expensive!
1. Ristorante Ghibellini one word – yummy! The best pizza in town and tiramisu! It’s on Piazza San Pier Maggiore, 8
2. RivaReno gelateria. When you finish your dinner at Gibellini your next stop is Gelato. Right next to the restaurant at Via Borgo Degli Albizi, 46/R