Introducing my favourite quinoa summer salad! This quinoa salad is refreshing, crisp and delicious. It’s made simply with fresh summer seasonal veggies, fresh parsley and a garlicky olive oil and lemon dressing. The salad sort of reminds me of tabouleh, an herbed Lebanese salad with tomatoes and bulgur.
- 1 cup/180 g quinoa
- 2 cups/480 ml water or veggie stock
- 2 zucchinis
- handful strawberries
- 200 g goat feta
- handful silverbeet or spinach
- 1 leek
- handful roasted pumpkin seeds
- easy dressing
- 40 ml dijon mustard
- 40 ml honey
- 40 ml apple cider vinegar
- 40 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- big pinch of salt and pepper
- a bunch parsley or any other herb
Three reasons why you should make my favourite quinoa summer salad:
- So easy to put together and satisfies all the picky eaters!
- This salad packs great for gatherings, lunch, picnics, road trips and plane rides.
- Bring this allergy-friendly salad along to your next potluck—it’s gluten free, and nut free, for all to enjoy.
This recipe doesn’t taste “basic,” but it has a lot of merits that make it a staple recipe in my kitchen. I hope it becomes your go-to quinoa salad recipe, too! Please let me know how it turns out for you in the comments.
Firstly cook the quinoa with your veggie stock. Meanwhile cut the zucchini in long strips and pan fry until golden. Set aside. Add cut leek and pan fry as well. When quinoa is cooked add it to the zucchini, leek and chopped silverbeet or spinach. Mix in a bowl.
Make your dressing, easy peasy, blend all of the above ingredients until smooth. Pour over the quinoa mix and serve on a beautiful serving plate. Top with strawberries, goat feta and pumpkin seeds.
This post is also available in: Sl