We did it, our big move to our own little house in New Zealand! To celebrate last week, with itchy fingers and a want to bake I headed in to my kitchen on a mission to bake some muffins. I had some bananas that needed to be used and I decided to try making gluten free muffins with chickpea flour. They turned out wonderfully, I mixed it up with almond flour and added chunks of 85% dark chocolate, one word – divine! This time my experimental soul was satisfied with the outcome.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder or cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or organic butter
- 2 Tbsp honey or other sweetener
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs or 3 chia eggs (3 Tbsp chia seeds soaked in 1 cup of water, leave to soak around 20 min)
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 to 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 85% dark chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 200 C. Line 18 muffins cups with paper liners. In medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients. In the second large mixing bowl, beat oil, honey, eggs and bananas. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate. Pour batter into muffin cups.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are dark brown and a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out dry. Top with almond butter and piece of chocolate.