I always hated going to the stores and buying granola. Why? Every box has its fair share of unwanted sugar or sweeteners. So I decided to make my own. It’s super easy and has nothing that will harm your health, only delicious goodies. Here it is Homemade Chocolate Granola.
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped (any nuts you can find)
- ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp raw honey (you can replace it by maple or agave syrup)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (aka coconut butter) or other healthy cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp raw chocolate powder
Preheat the oven to 200º. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to mix well.
The coconut oil has to be liquid. Be sure to mix it all through the other ingredients so there aren’t any chunks of oil left.
Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until very lightly toasted.
For raw lovers dehydrate the mixture 5-6 hours at 115ºF in a food dehydrator instead.
Cool it down before serving.
The fun part of granola is that you can be very creative and customise your own. Use any combo of healthy ingredients to make it your own flavour.