I’m back home and finally arranging all the photos. Here is my delicious raw cupcake recipe that I’ll be making again on Friday for a very special photo shoot. Stay tuned!
- 1 cup hazelnut flour (grind hazelnuts into fine flour)
- 1/3 cup date paste (blend 1 cup soaked dates with 1/4 cup water)
- 1 cup coconut flour (grind coconut flakes to a fine powder)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp flax meal
Using a blender, combine the coconut flour, almond flour. Add the date paste, almond milk and salt and mix until combined. Finally, add the coconut oil and flax meal and mix until just combined. It should look like thick cake batter. Line a mini muffin tray with mini muffin papers. Scoop a 1/2 tablespoon of the cupcake mixture and mold it into a ball or cupcake shape and gently press it into the muffin cup. Repeat with remaining mixture. Place the tray in the fridge or freezer while you make the frosting.
- 1 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut meat
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup agave, maple, or coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 1/2 tablespoons melted cacao butter
Using a high-speed blender, blend the blueberries, cashews, coconut meat, vanilla, agave nectar until well combined and smooth. Add the coconut oil and butter and blend. Pour into a large shallow dish and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours. When firm, spread or pipe over the cupcakes.