Are you a breakfast or more of a dinner person? I know I can't wait to go to bed so I can eat breakfast as soon as possible! I would call myself a breakfast connoisseur if I could. My breakfasts are always fun and different, but the most enjoyment I get is from smoothie bowls because I can play like a kid with toppings and flavourings. Add a splash of colour to your morning with this vibrant breakfast bowl of blended greens and healthy toppings to start your day just right.
- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 2 large handfuls spinach (or kale/silverbeet)
- 1 1/2 cup/350 ml oat milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 2 Tbsp Tereza's Choice Almond Butter
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior protein powder
- 1 Tbsp flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or cinnamon (optional)
- handful granola
- 2 Tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp coconut
- optional: nuts, seeds, berries
- more almond butter
For the super green smoothie bowl add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more spinach or kale for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
For more protein, add nut butter or your favourite vegan protein powder – I love using Sunwarrior protein! This also offsets / enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings! Try our my super simple buckwheat granola right here.
This post is also available in: Sl